Maps QA UI Automation Engineer
Aug 09, 2017Santa Clara, California Maps QA- UI Automation Engineer (7250012)
12 months Contract
Santa Clara, CA
Job duties include but are not limited to evaluation, management, editing, and production of spatial data.
Deep understanding of spatial concepts and theory
Experience with Geographic Information Systems, proprietary or open source
Strong web-research skills, including the use of web-based maps
Adept at working with large data sets with an ability to identify patterns
Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in small and large cross functional teams
Strong computer literacy
Strong verbal and written communication skills
1+ year of experience in geospatial data analysis or map quality evaluation
Bachelors degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or similar
Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
Experience querying databases using SQL
Experience scripting with Python
Experience with other programming languages
Foreign language experience
- This role requires testing of iOS/Mac and web client.
- You will be responsible for writing test plans and test scenarios for both newly added features and existing scenarios, and execution of the tests on a recurring basis to ensure there is no feature regression.
- You will need to manage the test cases in our internal tracking system, writing bugs for all issues you encounter and communicate those with the engineering team.
- Involved in writing and executing automation (Python and Selenium) to automate repetitive tasks to improve efficiency.
- Key skills include attention to detail, creative test mindset, and proven experience in automation written in Python and Selenium
• Experience with Unix/Linux and Mac operating systems
• Imagery post processing
BS/BA or MS/MA in Geography, GIS, or Engineering