Sr Firmware Engineer ID8
Jun 12,2017San Jose, California
Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer - ID8 (252316)
Location: San Jose, CA
Contract: 6 Months
- The Client ID8 team is a cross disciplinary team of makers focused on building products and platforms.
- We combine design with emerging technologies (edge computing, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, etc.) to imagine and invent new experiences for customers.
- The Client ID8 Team is based in San Jose, California, and we are part of the Client Strategy and Innovation Center where we are helping to bring new platforms like Client ARTIK, a chip-to-cloud IoT platform, to life
- Invent and build new products in the areas of IoT (smart homes, smart buildings and smart cities)
- Embedded Linux BSP, Drivers and Application support for Artik Platform
- Work on integrating next generation IOT protocols, Zigbee, Thread.
- Develop tests to validate design, performance and reliability
- Evaluate, identify and evangelize new technologies to integrate into the Artik Platform.
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred
- Experience in writing C/C++ and Java applications and drivers for embedded real time operating systems or embedded Linux.
- Responsible for the design of embedded software/firmware for Linux & Applications for next
- generation IOT protocols. (Zigbee, Bluetooth, Thread, OIC).
- Knowledge or pre-emptive multitasking environments and CPU configurations, boot loaders, debuggers, and memory management in an embedded space.
- Hands-on experience with compilers, JTAG debuggers, emulators and board bring-up.
- Lab experience with scope, signal generators and logic analyzers.
- Experience embedded software development with peripherals such as I2C, SPI, ADC, DAC, UART, and Flash & EEPROMs.
- Write drivers to integrate new sensors and peripherals.
- Develop and deploy software (low/high level) on real time operating systems for hardware-based products.
- Ability to bring up custom developed hardware under embedded Linux.
- Develop and create software build system test procedures, bug tracking reports, and associated test documentation.
- Rapidly evaluate new technology stacks to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform within a team environment as needed to meet team goals.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, whether verbally or in writing
- You consider yourself a maker; you love to get your hands dirty by both assembling and dissembling things to understand how they work;
- Experiences shipping IoT products (security products, connectivity etc.)
- Experience shipping products from a major consumer electronics company